The NRW Landesbüro Freie Darstellende Künste e. V. (North Rhine-Westphalia State Office for the Independent Performing Arts) is a promoter and lobbyist, service provider and political mouthpiece for the Independent Performing Arts in NRW.
The NRW Landesbüro is committed to preserving and maintaining existing artistic potentials as well as promoting and uncovering new trends in the independent performing arts scene.
The NRW Landesbüro is located in Dortmund.
Who are we there for?
The NRW Landesbüro represents the interests of mainly freelance performing artists in North Rhine-Westphalia and orientates its work to the special needs of this clientele.
The NRW Landesbüro is an association consisting of more than 280 members: they include large, well-established independent institutions, as well as companies, ensembles and individual actors. The members come from the areas of theatre, dance, music, performance, fine arts, film and new media. The association's official representatives are the board of directors and the management who are responsible for administration and office work.
The NRW Landesbüro represents all levels of development from the basis to the top, promising talents and established performers, soloists, groups and venues. All those involved are linked in a close structure of relationships. The regional office is convinced that top-level funding, basic support and the promotion of young talent are mutually dependent.
What does the NRW Landesbüro offer?
The work of the regional office covers various topics:
- Imparting knowledge (specialist forums, qualification programme, conferences, etc.)
- Acting as a representative in important institutions and on committees, both regional and supra-regional (e.g. the Federal Association of Fringe Theatres, the NRW Cultural Council, curatorships)
- Supplying support to artists through project funding (consultancy support on all funding issues, grants)
- Providing a discussion platform for content-related work on topics that are (potentially) relevant for the scene (e. g. intercultural, cultural education, digitisation)
- Networking the participants in the scene and qualified mentors, producers, etc.
- Staging events: FAVORITEN - the leading festival in North Rhine-Westphalia with a national and international impact; public formats for discussions on cultural policy.
Get in Touch!
Service & Consultation:
Up until now most information on this Website is available only in German. Please do not hesistate to contact us via mail or phone if you have any questions or are in need of information.
For example we will gladly give you advice on how to set foot in the independent performing arts scene in North Rine-Westphalia, give you an overview of potential funding possibilities and provide you with networking oppurtinities.
Contact us via phone: +49 231 47 42 92 10
Contact us via e-mail: info [at] nrw-lfdk.de
Becoming a Member:
The NRW Landesbüro is an association consisting of its members - people and institutions of the independent performing arts scene. Every additional member strengthens the position of the NRW Landesbüro to represent the interests of the independent performing arts scene.
You can become a member too! You are welcome to contact us regarding any questions about membership.
The NRW Landesbüro Freie Darstellende Künste is an independent association funded by the Ministry of Culture and Science of North Rhine-Westphalia.